Yield: 10 large muffins
2 Cups (500 ml) Valley Kitchen Pancake & Cookie Mix
3/4 Cup (180 ml) White Sugar
1 Large Egg
3/4 Cup (180 ml) Milk
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Rhubarb, sliced thin
1 tsp (5 ml) Cinnamon
2 tsp (10 ml) Sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2) In a medium size bowl, measure the Pancake & Cookie Mix and sugar.
3) Add the egg, milk, vegetable oil and rhubarb
4) Stir with a spoon or spatula to mix
5) Spray 10 large muffin tins.
6) Scoop the batter into the muffin tins.
7) Mix the cinnamon and sugar.
8) Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar over the muffins.
9) Bake for 25 minutes.
10) Cool 5 minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack.
Rhubarb is often the first garden food of spring. Untended, it comes out of the cold earth into the warm sun in brilliant reds and greens.
Stewed, juiced, or baked into a delicious cake or muffin, rhubarb provides a tartness which awakens your mouth to the many garden flavours to come.
These tender, delicious muffins are the perfect treat to lift us out of our winter blues.